বৃহস্পতিবার, ১৪ মার্চ, ২০১৩

Lime Batido Cocktail Recipe

by Lisa Huff on March 13, 2013

Lime Batido | Snappy Gourmet

So this Lime Batido cocktail recipe may not scream St. Patrick?s Day but limes are green so that?s got to count for something right???? Yeah, it?s a stretch, but let?s go with it because it?s an easy delicious cocktail.? This batido drink can be made with (rum) or without alcohol.? My kids loved their kiddie version without the alcohol.? I used fresh lime juice which makes all the difference!? The drink is not really green but for St. Patrick?s Day fun, I added a little green coloring, whip cream, and sprinkles (see last picture).? Or leave all that out, and just enjoy a fun cocktail!

Lime Batido | Snappy Gourmet

Wondering what a batido is???? I had a batido a few years ago at a Cuban restaurant and fell in love instantly!? It?s a frozen drink like a milkshake without the ice cream.? Although I have seen many recipes that use ice cream and different ingredients such as coconut, mango, and other fruit.?Fresh lime juice really give the drink a ?fresh? flavor so get fresh limes if you can.? The drink is kind of a cross between limeade and a milkshake.? I really like the flavor of the sweetened condensed milk in this batido.? It?s hard to replicate the flavor with ice cream or sugar so I?m sticking with the sweetened condensed milk and suggest you do too!? This Lime Batido is such an easy drink recipe!? Just throw everything in the blender for a few seconds!? For the ?green? version, add a little green food coloring.? I topped my St. Patrick?s version with a little whipped cream and sprinkles.? For the non-alcohol version just add more milk instead of the rum.? Enjoy!

Lime Batido | Snappy Gourmet

Happy St. Patrick?s Day!

Lime Batido | Snappy Gourmet

I?m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. :) So please don?t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!

Lime Batido

Print

Recipe type: Drink

Cuisine: Hispanic

Author:

Prep time:

Total time:

Serves: 1 large or 2 small

A frozen cocktail (or mocktail) with fresh lime.

  • ? cup fresh lime juice
  • 3 tablespoons rum
  • 2 tablespoons milk (or cream or even coconut milk)
  • 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
  • 1? cups ice
  • Optional: green food coloring, whipped cream, sprinkles
  1. Place lime juice, rum, milk, condensed milk, and ice in blender. Process until smooth. Blend in green food coloring if desired.
  2. Pour drink into serving glass. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
SNAPPY TIPS: Add more or less sweetened condensed milk for a sweeter or less sweet drink. SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of milk or cream, add coconut milk/cream. For a mocktail version, substitute more milk/cream for the rum. [For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]

3.2.1682

?

More drinks you might enjoy:

Email, Print, or Share this Post:

Source: http://snappygourmet.com/2013/03/13/lime-batido/

jfk airport faith hill metro north taco bell taco bell Breezy Point Seaside Heights

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন